- 1984 - Runner-up in German Kart Championship
- 1987 - Runner-up in German FF2000
- 1988 - German Opel Lotus Champion
- 1989 - Runner-up in German F3 Championship (three wins)
- 1990 - International F3000
- 1990 - Signed with Mercedes Benz WSC team (teammates, Michael Schumacher and Karl Wendlinger)
- 1991 - WSC with Mercedes Benz (with Michael Schumacher and Karl Wendlinger)
- 1993 - Japanese F3000 (raced with Eddie Irvine, Roland Ratzenburger and Mika Salo)
- 1994 - Tested for March at Kyalami, then moved to Sauber (with JJ Lehto, Karl Wendlinger and Andrea de Cesaris)
- 1995 - Sauber with Karl Wendlinger and Jean-Christophe Boullion
- 1996 - Sauber with Johnny Herbert (another great driver)
- 1997 - Replaces Damon Hill at Williams-Renault (with Jacques Villeneuve)
- 1997 - First win - San Marino GP - Imola (4-27)
* check out the press conference *
- 1997 - First pole - Monaco GP (5-10)
- 1997 - Second in the points (after Schumacher disqualification)
- 1998 - 7th in the points - not a great year.
- 1999 - Moves to Jordan Gp with Damon Hill.
- 1999 - Two more wins, and 3rd in the points!
- 2000 - A new team mate Jarno Trulli and 9th in the points.
- 2001 - Another year with Jordan and Trulli plus factory Honda Engines.
- 7/25/01 - Jordan GP releases Frentzen from contract.
- 8/8/01 - Prost GP signs him for the remaining 5 races of 2001 season.
- 2002 - Prost GP folds, and he signs with Arrows/Cosworth. Arrows folds.
- 2003 - Signs With Sauber, now running Petronas/Ferrari engines.
- 2004 - DTM touring car racing.